Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Leg update



hey guys. Okay, if you don't know what has been going on... read THIS . That link explains everything going on... it explains what happened, and what has happened since what happened happened. LOL

anyway.

Since that blog was done, I finally got to see an orthopedic surgeon about the issue I had been having with my leg.



I explained everything, and for some reason he thinks there is a back issue. Herniated discs or something. I don't know how, because my ankle hurts on the side where the bone is... my knee hurts, and the pain feels like it's deep in the muscle and tissues.

I tried explaining that I don't have back pain, I don't have numbness and my toes, ankle and leg are swelling, (toes and ankle swelling not being symptomatic of leg issues.) but he wanted me to get a back MRI anyway. He said that these things don't always manifest themselves in the 'usual' way. In fact, frequently people have leg pain and no back pain with herniated discs. If the MRI shows something I'll have to see a back surgeon.

So that's fine... if not for one thing. I'm in a lot of pain, and I had to wait through the weekend to get the MRI, and now I have to wait till October to get the results of the MRI. If it IS the back, I'll have to find and then see a back surgeon for further treatment (hopefully it won't include surgery cause back surgery would SUCK)... but if it's not the back... I'll have to go for a full knee to ankle MRI, then wait for those results... all the while being in pain.

However, it's like my brother's wife told me (she's a nurse), it's better that the doctor is making sure to test me for the most serious issues instead of settling on the easiest to fix, cause that means he's concerned about my health and wants to look at all angles as to not miss something that will cause me problems down the line. So I guess I can see that, and am thankful the doctor is being careful for my well being. I just wish it wasn't such a long wait. cause I'm hurting.

So I guess the news right now is, there really isn't any more news until October. Fingers crossed it isn't the back. If it comes down to surgery, I'd really rather it be leg surgery.

It's hilarious though, my brother and his wife were visiting with my nephew and newborn niece, and my nephew would always run into my leg. Finally I told him he needed to be careful cause "Auntie Drea has a boo-boo on her leg". So he walked up, kissed my knee and said "boo boo bet-ah" Lol. 

No comments:

Post a Comment