Monday, August 15, 2011

Baby Niece is born and Fair update

My Baby Niece Veronica Rose was born today! she is 8lbs and 5oz! Funny thing is, she looks like me. LOL. (not a far stretch considering how alike my brother and I look)

So in other words, she's absolutely adorable!

They are going to get out of the hospital on Wednesday, rest a day or two, then come here to pick up my nephew who I've been babysitting. They're going to stay and relax for a week before heading home, so I will get bonding time with my new niece. I'm so excited!

It was hilarious, my brother sent me a phone vid of the new baby, and I showed it to my nephew. I said "Mikey look, this is your new baby sister!" He gave me the biggest smile I've ever seen and said, "no no no" then walked away. LOL well at least he was smiling.

My mom and I have been having such a blast with my nephew. He's such a good boy, and so happy all the time. He's rarely cranky. the only time he gets cranky is if you stop doing what he wants you to do (like reading him a book over and over and over and over and over again), but he gets over it pretty quick.

He really loved the fair. He loved the merry-go-round and the petting zoo. The fair is over now, so now he's enjoy the swings at the park. We're having a lot of fun.

Oh, speaking of the fair. Remember this photo I talked about in my previous blog?



I had gotten an honorable mention ribbon for this photo, which surprised me since it was such a popular photo. (I've sold prints of this photo, everyone always says this is the favorite of all my photo proofs)

Well, I picked my stuff up last night, and when I got home I started taking the tags off of the photos when I noticed something.

On the back of all the description tags, the judges will write what the item placed.

For example: My clay painting of Japanese Cherry Blossoms took first place, and on the back of the tag was the number 1 circled. One of my photos of the roll cloud took 2nd place and on the back of the tag was the number 2 circled. The picture of the dog tails forming the shape of a heart took honorable mention, and on the back of the tag there was the number 4 circled.

See how that is going?

Well, on the back of the tag for the purple flowers photo was the number 2 circled... so it turns out, this photo took 2nd place, only whoever distributed the ribbons gave me an honorable mention ribbon instead of a 2nd place ribbon.

So I'm going to buy myself a red ribbon to go with the photo. Lol

but that makes it 1 first place, 4 second places, 3 third places and 2 honorable mentions.

I also found out, there is no gold ribbon anymore. (the gold ribbon was between first and grand champion.)

now that it doesn't exist, the top prize is grand champion which is awarded to one out of each category. After that it's blue for first, red for second, white for third and green for honorable mention (4th and 5th.) anything passed 5th doesn't get a ribbon.

So knowing that... 4 second places and 1 first really isn't all that bad. So I'm not as disappointed as I originally was since a blue ribbon is the highest I could get if I didn't win grand champion. I'd have liked a few more blue ribbons... but last year I only got 1 blue ribbon, and all the rest were 3rd place ribbons, so to get a lot of 2nd places means I'm improving. lol



No comments:

Post a Comment