Thursday, August 25, 2011

Baby Niece and Nephew


So, my niece and nephew just left. I babysat my nephew for a week while my brother and his wife were having my niece Veronica. He's gotten so cute. He's a year and a half old now, and getting into everything. Best part is, he does it with a smile, so it's hard to tell him no. lol.

He's talking a lot better... not making up as many of his own words as he use to (Like light use to be oonda and music was mika and money was munga). He now says money (mun-dee) and he's getting closer to the word Light. (instead of oonda it's now "nt"). Music is still Mika. Lol.

Its so cute when he calls me An-knee Dee. He's always "An-knee Dee, Ah-nee Dee". They day he was heading home with mom, dad and baby sis, he patted the couch and said "Ah-knee Dee Dee, see-saw... see-saw" (that's how he says, Auntie Drea, sit down.") So I sat on the couch. He sat next to me and gave me the biggest smile you'd ever see and said, "Dee Dee... ov oo too" (love you too). It was so out of the blue and sooooooo cute! He was my little buddy the whole time my mom and I babysat him.

Every night around 9pm he'd bring me his two special blankies, crawl in my lap, and want me to sing him to sleep. For about an hour I'd sing "I see the moon", "Lullaby", "Mocking bird", "ABC", and "Mary Had a Little Lamb" over and over till he crashed. Then my mom would pick him up and carry him to bed. He's such a sweetie. My brother and his wife lucked out with him.

My baby niece Veronica is amazing as well. It's funny... I found a picture of me at her age and held it up to her... we are almost IDENTICAL! Lol, she looks just like me. She rarely cries. Only when she gets hungry. And she FAAAAARRRRRTTTTTTSSSSS like you wouldn't believe! Lol. She is not very dainty in the pooping department. ha ha. I've never seen a baby poop that much.

I'm also amazed that she was 3 days old when they brought her up to visit, and she could already hold her head up. They showed the video of the first time they brought her into the hospital room for her first feeding, and she held her head up. You could even hear the nurses seem shocked. Normally neck muscles for holding the head up develop by the time the baby is about 2 months old or even 3 months. While she was getting tummy time, Veronica held her head up no less than 30 seconds, and even looked around from side to side, without any assistance. She's only 10 days old right now.

She's also got a real grip. She grabbed my finger and wouldn't let go the whole time I sang to her. She's so cute and sweet.

They had to go home early because my brother had a doctor appointment for himself that got re-scheduled, so they had to leave. I was so sad to see my nephew and niece leave. It got so quiet. It was nice to hear when he woke up the next morning that he asked for me and my mom. So I know he misses us too.


No comments:

Post a Comment