Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Beating the Heat

Its been horribly hot here. So I decided to go to the lake and beat the heat. It was sooooo nice at the lake. The water was warmer than it's ever been. Usually its like ice even on the hottest day, and is nearly impossible to swim in, but today it was so warm I didn't even have to get use to it gradually. I just plunked myself right in and started swimming. I couldn't believe how warm it was.

Even my dogs enjoyed swimming. Dojo doesn't like water much. (probably stemming from his dislike of baths) but once they were in the water, they didn't want to get out. Especially Yoshi. every time she neared the shoreline, she'd turn around and head back out.

It was the first time they actually went swimming of their own free will. (If they are really stinky in summer I sometimes would take them out to the lake and carry them in so I can shampoo them. lol) the water was calm and crystal clear, and they were enjoying chasing the schools of fish that were near the shore, so that helped them enjoy it.






















They had a fun time just like me.























Although, I did get a smidge of sunburn over my sunburn. Lol. It was worth it though. I found 3 really nice agates and a few different coral fossils. I'll have to post pictures of those later when I've had time to shine them up.

the trip home was interesting too. I had twisted my ankle a bit so I had my mom drive home. I didn't feel like driving with a sore ankle. since I wasn't driving, I was texting my sister-in-law Jamie when my mom gasped and swerved a bit. I looked up and I saw something so large, I thought it was a deer trying to jump over my car.

I thought for sure we were going to get hit until whatever it was flew up and over the car. I turned around and saw it was a baby eagle. The wingspan was as big as my Rav4's windshield. Thankfully he didn't hit us, and continued to fly after whatever it was he was chasing. Momma eagle better keep a better eye on her baby. lol

Then we passed this older lady. From a distance it looked like she was petting her dog, when she stepped out in front of us with her hand out as if asking us to stop. As we got closer, my mom slowed down and we noticed the dog she was petting was actually a young fawn. Momma made it across the street, but the baby was too afraid to follow and kept following the lady around. Finally when we stopped she made the baby follow her across the street, then shooshed it off to it's momma where they both ran off. The lady thanked us as she ran back across to where her husband was waiting. It was the cutest thing. That little baby was a bit too trusting.

I guess animal mommas have their hands full with their babies this year. ha ha.

anyway. It was so nice today. A nice break from the heat. Although, the sun seems to have disappeared behind clouds. It's not suppose to rain, but it sure looks like there's a storm out there ready to brew. Anyway. I hope the rest of you stuck in the heat find an enjoyable way to beat the heat too.

Right now I'm catching up on some of my Japanese Manga in my air conditioned room. lol. Finally caught up on all the current chapters of BLEACH and am now working on Black Butler. =^_^=

No comments:

Post a Comment