Monday, March 14, 2011

Japanese Earthquake



Those who know me know what an Otaku I am. (Otaku = Japanese enthusiast.) I study Nihongo (The Japanese language), I collect Japanese antiques, my favorite music is Japanese Rock, My pets are even named partially after my favorite Japanese historical figures and partially in honor of my favorite Japanese singer Gackt.

So as you can imagine, I was devastated by the news of the Japanese quake. I mourn for the victims of the Japanese earthquake and Tsunami. For the people of Japan, and also for the victims from other countries who live in Japan or were visiting Japan at the time of this tragic event. I also pray for those from all over the world who have families or friends in Japan that have been affected.

If you read this blog.. please visit http://redcross.org to donate to the disaster relief fund...

What's great about the Red Cross, on the rare occasion that they've met their donation needs for one disaster, donations will go to other disasters and disaster preparation for areas at risk (such as Haiti who suffered a tragic quake of their own in 2010.)

or visit http://www.ladygaga.com to buy a "we pray for Japan" bracelet. All proceeds from the sale goes directly to the Japan Quake relief fund.

I've already made one donation of $20 and am about to purchase a bracelet from Lady Gaga. Please open your hearts and do the same.

Recently I went to Walgreens. I had a coupon for 2 packs of bottled water (25 waters per pack) for just over $5.

If even 10 people donated $10 to the Red Cross.. can you imagine how many cases of bottled water they could secure for the people of Japan? If my math is right... lets say they went to Walgreens with a coupon for 2 cases around $5 for both.

You can get 4 cases for $10... and if 10 people donated $10 that would be 40 cases of water. 40 cases of water with 25 bottles in each case is 1000 bottles of water. can you imagine how helpful even 1000 bottles of water could be for a few families in Japan who have no usable water right now?

Remember God's golden rule... do unto others as you'd have done unto you. So open up your hearts to someone in need, as you'd want someone's heart to be open to you in your's.

Above all, if you can't afford to make a donation as we are in economic hardships... please pray for all those affected by this horrible disaster.




No comments:

Post a Comment