Saturday, January 29, 2011

Tee Hee Hee


Konnichiwa all. Andrea here again. Well today was an interesting day. When I woke up and got ready to take my dogs on a walk, I wrote this on my Facebook page

have you ever had one of those feelings. You don't know why you feel that way, you don't even know if it's good or bad... it's just a feeling that kind of haunts the back of your mind... almost an excited feeling like something is going to happen, you just don't know what... that's kinda how I feel today. Hopefully something awesome is on it's way.
7 hours ago · Privacy:Friends Only · Like Unlike · Comment


well three hours later, that almost prophetic statement came true. I got a call from my oldest brother. He, his wife and my baby nephew are coming to visit on Friday. He told me that when I take my sister-in-law to Karaoke, I can't buy her a drink... cause SHE'S PREGNANT! YAY!

I'm going to be an auntie x 3 now. (They have a 1 year old son... my other brother has a 1 year old son...) so I have 2 nephews and soon I'll have another nephew or maybe a niece! it was fun news!

((**Edit**)) I'm an auntie x4. I found out just recently that my other sister-in-law is also preggers. In fact she's due before the sis-in-law I just mentioned, and she knows it's going to be a little girl. They've chosen Veronica for her name. YAY!

Then this afternoon I went to see "the Rite".

the movie is about a real priest and his real experiences that lead him to becoming an exorcist.

The movie got panned pretty hard by the critics. Me personally, as a Catholic I found it profound if not even a little frightening. Like a line in the movie... it wasn't all spinning heads and pea soup. It was a more realistic look at an exorcism.

That wasn't to say the movie didn't have it's problems. In many places it was disjointed. They'd be in one place, and with no fluidity they'd be in another. It seemed they had issues collecting point A to point B.

but the acting was good, and the story was solid.... I gave it about a 7.5 out of 10. Maybe it could eek out an 8.

however, the BEST part of the movie... We've passed the climax and are at the point where everyone breathes a sigh of relief... it's the moment we've waited for since the movie started... the resolution... the big moment where we all go "ahh, I see." suddenly the door to the theater opens...

"Kathy? Kathy so and so? Is Kathy here?"

"Yeah I'm here" I'm thinking they were going to say she had a phone call or someone was there to see her, or she left her car lights on... instead I hear...

"Aren't you done yet?"

I turn around... there's this little old lady standing in the doorway. She must have been Kathy's mother or grandmother, and probably her ride.

I'm thinking, "Do you see the credits rolling? Do you see the people on the big screen still walking around and talking? I think Kathy isn't done yet.

Everyone is desperately trying to hold back their laughter, but when one person starts choking on a giggle, it makes those around them want to giggle too. I finally was giggling so hard that tears were streaming down my face... when in peeps the little old lady again, looking around. I'm thinking, when people start leaving, the the movie is over lady. Yeesh.

It was pretty funny. Gave me a good laugh all the way home. But poor Kathy though. Only in a small town do these things happen. lol it was cute and funny. The best part it was so inappropriate considering the kind of movie we were watching.

anyhoo. its been a good day. I'm going to be an Auntie again and I got to see an interesting movie with a funny break from the tension. Now I'm home resting my ribs. (I cracked my ribs in a fall... and all that laughing kind of hurt them).

1 comment:

  1. I wanna see that movie, and it sounds as if you fell victim the infamous "Giggle Loop".... I went to see the King's Speech today. Loved it. Helen Bonham-Carter and Colin Firth. Need I say more? lol

    ReplyDelete